Here is information about the Prekindergarten Early Education Program (PEEP preschool) and Loy Norrix Child Care Center. Please contact us for further assistance at any time. We are here to help!
The Pre-kindergarten Early Education Program is fondly known as PEEP preschool. However, if you tell "PEEPers" that they go to preschool, you are likely to get corrected with, "No, we go to PEEP!"
The purpose of PEEP is kindergarten readiness. In building a launching pad for children's school and life success, PEEP uses the nationally-recognized Opening the World of Learning (OWL) curriculum. This is a comprehensive preschool curriculum that covers all areas of development and learning, especially vocabulary and literacy skills.
PEEP is a state-funded Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) preschool program for eligible children who are or will be four years old by November 1 of the school year. Eligibility is based on need. There are many ways to qualify. PEEP students are taught by teachers with the highest educational credentials. Teachers are required to have both a four year degree and teaching certificate with the early childhood education specialization. Class sizes are low with 16 - 18 students. The adult to child ratio is approximately 1 adult for every 6 children. So, in a class of 18 students, there are 3 adults: Teacher, Associate Teacher, and Tutor.
The best way to know if your child is eligible for PEEP is to apply as soon as possible:
1. Fill out the application (provided on this website).
2. Return it to the Early Childhood Education office. During the school year, the office is at Greenwood Elementary School, 3501 Moreland Ave., near the Portage Road and Cork Street intersection. During summer break, the office is at the KPS administration building, 1220 Howard Street. The PEEP phone number is (269) 337-0095 and fax number is (269) 337-1693.
About Loy Norrix Child Care Center Preschool Program
- For more than 40 years, KPS has been providing great early-childhood education and care opportunities at the Loy Norrix Child Care Center Preschool.
- Since 2010, LNCCC has been voluntarily participating in a local Quality Rating Improvement System with outstanding results.
- LNCCC is open to the public, and residents of any city or school district can enroll.
- LNCCC accepts children who are between 3 and 5 years old, and potty-trained.
- LNCCC is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Enrollment options: full day, half day (5 hours or less per day), and daily rate.
- LNCCC is located at Loy Norrix High School, 606 E. Kilgore Road.
LNCCC invites you to visit any time to see the quality early learning they provide. For tuition rates or to register, please call 269-337-0264.