KALPA is the system KPS uses to track the Professional Development hours for each individual teacher and administrator throughout the district. Building and district level PD is entered into the system by the Professional Development office. Once those sessions are in the system, staff can navigate the system and add those sessions to their personal plan. At the end of every school year, the Professional Development office submits each teacher's plan to the state.
Logging in to KALPA
Click here to get to the KALPA website. Once there, use the following information to log in:
- District ID: 39010
- Login Name: your last name, first and middle initial (no spaces, the same as your Novell user name)
- Password: the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
Once you have logged in, follow this basic procedure for every entry into KALPA.
- Click on "Go."
- Click on "Enter Your Learning Path."
- On the left, click on "Registration."
- Click on "all available offerings."
- Enter in keyword(s) or course ID number, and click on search.
- Check the appropriate box next to your session and click "register."
- After registering, click on "Main View" on the left navigation bar. This takes you back to your plan.
- Under the "STATUS" column, click on the ones that say "registered." A pop-up menu will appear. Click on "I attended this course," and then update.
Attached below are a more extensive guide for using KALPA's professional development manager and other professional development documents.
|KALPA PDMS Guide||1.6 MB|
|Out of District PD Request Form.pdf||89.36 KB|