At Communities In Schools, we work directly inside public schools, helping vulnerable students and those with the greatest risk of dropping out. We empower 1.5 million students to stay in school and on the path to graduation each year. Our trained site coordinators do this by partnering with teachers, mobilizing the community to offer students extra support and doing whatever it takes to help them succeed. Our unique model works because it’s based on national research, driven by community relationships and supported by local resources. More importantly, we know it works because we see it in the faces and hear it in the stories of millions of students and alumni we’ve helped in the past 40 years.
We believe that every child needs and deserves:
1. A one-on-one relationship with a caring adult.
2. A safe place to learn and grow.
3. A healthy start and a healthy future.
4. A marketable skill to use upon graduation.
5. A chance to give back to peers and community